[nycphp-talk] Maintaining sessions between PHP and CFs

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Tue Mar 8 02:44:33 EST 2005

If the data you are trying to pass between PHP and CF is "secure data",
then in my opinion you can create a table with two fields ...

md5String md5, name varchar(32), value varchar(64)

Then just have a redirect.php and a redirect.cfm ... redirect.php checks
for a variable called action, labelled IN or OUT.  If action is IN, it
stores the data in session, takes the md5 string of something, and passes
that along to redirect.cfm with action=OUT, which takes the info out of
the table, and sets a new session.  The redirect.cfm does the same thing,
except it inserts the data into the table and then passes on to
redirect.php.

HTH,

Matt