[nycphp-talk] Q: Authenticating XML Data Exchange

John Nunez john at cyber-ny.com
Wed Mar 16 12:17:59 EST 2005

Hey Guys,

I have a project where membership database information will be passed
to a fulfillment center as the members sign into the system. The
center's server will send back info on the status of the transaction
once the member goes through the checkout process.  We will be using
PHP/MySQL on the client's site and the fulfillment center will be using
ASP/MSSQL.

How can I make sure that the data I get back is from the fulfillment
center's server? Can SOAP be used over SSL?  I am reading a few
tutorials on SOAP and I can get Google and Amazon's Web Services
working but what about security?

Thanks,
John