[nycphp-talk] PHP 5 Exception Expertise Needed

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Sat Mar 19 11:59:48 EST 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, Joseph Crawford wrote:

> i was trying to implement my own custom error handler and throw
> exceptions based on that but i couldnt get the error handler to
> trigger on parse or fatal errors either.

You cannot catch fatal errors. That's what makes them fatal. :)

Actually, those types of errors leaves PHP in an "unstable" state, so
it just bails out and doesn't give you a chance to execute additional
code.

Sorry.

-adam

--
adam at trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"