[nycphp-talk] Zend Encoder: CLI PHP Versions?

Jayesh Sheth jayeshsh at ceruleansky.com
Sun Mar 20 12:01:45 EST 2005

Hello all,

I spent a few frustrating hours yesterday on Zend's site and forum trying
to determine whether their encoder will work with CLI (command line)
versions of PHP.

I ask this because I am interested in creating offline programs with
WinBinder or PHP-GTK. These extensions require PHP scripts to be run from
the command line.

I even posted something to the Zend forum, but it never seems to have made
it there.

So it just seems to ask this question here.
(By the way, I checked David Sklar's Essential PHP Tools book, which
mentions several free encoders, and none of them support CLI or CGI
versions of PHP.)

Best regards,

- Jay