[nycphp-talk] PEAR::DB prepare() and executeMultiple()

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Mon Mar 21 11:13:13 EST 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 10:48:24AM -0500, Jeff Loiselle wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:31:39 -0500, Brian Kaney <brian at vermonster.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 17:24, Jeff Loiselle wrote:
> > >
> > > DELETE FROM ? WHERE DOC_ID=? [nativecode=ORA-00903: invalid table name]
> >
> >    DELETE FROM ! WHERE DOC_ID=?
>
> that doesn't seem to cure the problem.. i'll be looking into it more today

The process of preparing a query involves checking identifiers for
validity and then remembering the query framework in a native format for
later execution.  This speeds up execution of frequently used queries
because they don't need to go through the identifier checks and compiling
each time.  Thus, you can't substitute a table or column name this way.

You'll need to make a regular query in which you compose the query string
using a PHP variable.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/