[nycphp-talk] PEAR::DB prepare() and executeMultiple()

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Tue Mar 22 10:36:06 EST 2005

Hi Jeff:

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 11:42:26AM -0500, Jeff Loiselle wrote:
> That's exactly what I am doing now. I am still using prepare() and
> execute() with PHP variables, even though there is only one query per
> table because I sense that doing that is still more portable than
> issuing query() directly?

Prepare/execute doesn't improve portability.  Plus, I have a feeling you
are wasting resources.  Prepare/execute is only efficient when you do one
prepare of the query and then will be executing that the same exact query
(without changing table/column names) multiple times.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/