[nycphp-talk] Top down or bottom up design (Was Automatically Generating Code from the Database)

Randal Rust rrust at r2communications.com
Wed Mar 23 08:19:03 EST 2005

Francisco Reyes wrote:

> I really think that either approach will work.. it's just how a person
> sees processes/design and how experienced they are.

I agree with that. I think there is risk in either approach, you have to
use what best fits the situation.

In my experience, tools that generate code tend to create more overhead
than necessary. I think that I am better off writing Dreamweaver
extensions that I could use to create the basics of what I would need
for a class and its methods.

--
Randal Rust

R.Squared Communications
http://www.r2communications.com
Digital Design for Bricks-and-Mortar Businesses