[nycphp-talk] AWStats vs Webalizer

Adam Fields fields at hedge.net
Mon May 9 10:53:00 EDT 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 10:12:59AM -0400, Peter Sawczynec wrote:
> ....for web log analysis. Comments, evaluations, feedback...

I've used AWStats. It's an easy install, it's pretty customizable,
it's easy to hack. The newer versions have XML data files, so you can
pretty much do whatever you want with them on the display side.

The source is a bit difficult to read, but then again, it's perl.

I found it not too terribly difficult to hack it up to extract some
other pattern analysis from the logs, although I never did get around
to getting that data into its output files (I wrote it separately to a
database).

--
				- Adam

** I can fix your database problems: http://www.everylastounce.com/mysql.html **