[nycphp-talk] Help Needed with PHP 5 Error Handling

Randal Rust rrust at r2communications.com
Fri May 13 21:19:48 EDT 2005

I use the ADOdb abstraction library for my db calls, and I am working on
migrating some code from PHP 4.+ to 5. I have run the same code before
on PHP 5, but did not get any error warnings, so I'm thinking that it is
how I have error_reporting set in my php.ini file. All of the errors are
from my adodb.inc.php file.

Here are the errors:

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is
deprecated in C:\web\ohcentral_v2\adodb\adodb.inc.php on line 3790

Strict Standards: Declaration of ADORecordSet_array::FetchField()
should be compatible with that of ADORecordSet::FetchField() in
C:\web\ohcentral_v2\adodb\adodb.inc.php on line 3383

And here is what I have for error_reporting:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_STRICT

I thought that ~E_STRICT was supposed to hide those 'Strict Standards'
messages?

TIA.

--
Randal Rust

R.Squared Communications
http://www.r2communications.com
Digital Design for Bricks-and-Mortar Businesses