[nycphp-talk] PHP Pentration Discussion

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Sat May 28 11:33:56 EDT 2005

I think Rasmus' example was a cross-site scripting example, not stealing cookies.

The faulty web page was coded to build a form based on incoming parameters in the GET string.  So Rasmus ADDED encoded stuff to that GET string, with a script from Rasmus' own website somewhere else. When the faulty page parsed the incoming GET it also followed Rasmus' added instructions, which loaded javascript from another webserver somewhere else.

That other-site script could be a fake login that collects usernames/passwords. Easier than hacking cookies.