[nycphp-talk] Smarty Templates

John Daly jdaly at panix.com
Wed Nov 2 12:49:48 EST 2005

Mark,

I did one project using Smarty, not knowing it all when I started, and found
it fairly easy to use and liked the results.  However, it wasn't totally
successful becaue the designer had issues with .tpl files and using his
tools to for the job (Dreamweaver, etc).  I'm not even sure what the problem
was.   All that is really needed is the name of a template and to not mess
around with what's between the curly braces. The rest is just pure design.
I think the number of include files, the .tpl extension and the idea of
design as a complete canvas instead of included elements is confusing to
some people, so a big part - if not all - of my decision to use it in the
future would depend on how the designer feels about working in this way.  I
like it, though.

JD