[nycphp-talk] URGENT: my ibm t41p laptop motherboard is messed up

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Wed Nov 2 16:50:16 EST 2005

Hey Folks:

I bought an IBM 41p laptop last year.  As mentioned the other day, I
recently installed FreeBSD, Apache and PHP on it.  This is in preparation
of preparing a talk I'll be giving a week from today at the International
PHP Conference.  Well, my laptop's sytem board is now having intermittent
problems.

I called IBM support and they're not allowed to send me the system board.
The only way to get such a board is to send them the machine.  Well,
that's not gonna work timing wise.  First, I need the machine to finish
testing my stuff before I go.  Second, I'm leaving on Sunday.

So, I'm hoping that some of the good people here have some connections,
please.  Some semi-plausible thoughts that are running through my head, of
which one should suffice:

* Someone (who knows someone) who's an IBM technician obtain the part for
me.  The original part number is 93P3313, but that's not available any
more.  The substitute part is 39T5495.

* Someone has a similar IBM laptop which I can borrow for two weeks,
allowing me to pull my hard drive out of this laptop and into yours.  I
must compliment IBM for the elegant design they employ that allows the
hard drive to be slid out w/o opening up the machine at all.

Crossing my toes,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/