[nycphp-talk] [OT] recommendations re credit cards/merchant accounts?

Russ Demarest rsd at electronink.com
Wed Nov 9 06:53:37 EST 2005

If the question you are asking is paypal a viable alternative for
accepting credit cards, the answer is yes. The only downside is that
if you are trying to come across as a big company  and you want your
own payment system so it is all under one domain, so to speak, then
using PayPal might not be the way to go.

There is an instant payment notification system with a PHP sdk.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/general/
PayPalDeveloperToolKit-outside

and other languages.

I have used it for a variety of sites and it gives you the info you
need without the liability of running your own.

Hope this helps.