[nycphp-talk] building an 1-way email list manager

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Sun Nov 13 02:15:37 EST 2005

Hi David.

You might want to build this in a modular way with respect to the
mailing lists generated by your queries. In other words, design such
that IF someday you wanted to offload the actual mailing part, you could
do so by just delivering the list in "standard" format. You might look
at some list vendors to see what formats they provide for their lists
(ascii, comma delimited, etc)

The reasons relate to spam and spam filtering, domain banning, and
Nazi-like overzealousness. Too much to go into here :-)

In general I strongly advise clients NOT to send bulk mail from a valued
domain; it's simply too risky. So... it seems wise to be able to
outsource the SEND easly when appropriate.

-=john andrews
http://www.seo-fun.com