[nycphp-talk] --with-pic ... what's pic?

Daniel Krook krook at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 15 18:15:47 EST 2005

> So I have a PHP install (from a Debian package I think) that was
> configured with the --with-pic switch.
>
> Does anyone know what this does? I've also seen --prefer-
> pic if that helps.
>
> Google and the php.net search are both failing me here.

It is probably related to a switch sent to OpenSSL prior to building
Apache w/ mod_ssl.  I recall looking into it at one point but do not
recall what I found out.

Try googling the middle line here (don't forget to quote the hyphen so
google doesn't try to exclude it, that's bit me a few times :).

cd openssl-0.9.7e
./config -fPIC
make

Daniel Krook, Content Tools Developer
Global Production Services - Tools, ibm.com

http://bluepages.redirect.webahead.ibm.com/
http://blogpages.redirect.webahead.ibm.com/
http://bookmarks.redirect.webahead.ibm.com/