[nycphp-talk] OT: Go Yahoo!

CED Consult at CovenantEDesign.com
Tue Nov 22 17:19:16 EST 2005

Ironicly Chris, .jsp in the URL really means nothing. lol. Especially on a
PHP forum where most people are Apache-Directive-Dorks, and know that any
extension can and does exist. Infact, I recall compiling Apache to run with
a .asp extension as PHP code, just for the insult.  =D

Edward JS Prevost II
Me at EdwardPrevost.info
www.EdwardPrevost.info

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Shiflett" <shiflett at php.net>
To: "NYPHP Talk" <talk at lists.nyphp.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] OT: Go Yahoo!

Hans Zaunere wrote:
> I just came across http://farechase.yahoo.com/, which truly makes some
> of these technologies useful.

At first glance, this looks like a clone of kayak.com.

What I find really interesting about kayak.com is that it has .jsp in
the URL and doesn't suck. That's a big testament to the usefulness of
Ajax - if your server-side technologies suck, do more on the client. :-)

(All direspect shown toward Java is just for fun.)

Chris

--
Chris Shiflett
Brain Bulb, The PHP Consultancy