[nycphp-talk] GD or ImageMagick or...?

billy reisinger billy.reisinger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 09:33:45 EST 2005

Just so you know, Andrew - if you plan on being able to rotate images,
you may find the GD library to be insufficient.  GD has the ability to
rotate images, but at the penalty of poorer image quality.  Every time
you rotate an image with GD, it gets worse.  I've been told that
ImageMagick doesn't suffer as much of a problem with this as GD does,
though I've never tried it myself.
That being said, I've used GD with great success on numerous projects;
it handles resizing, resampling, and conversion with little trouble,
and the learning curve is next to nothing.
Cheers,

--
Billy Reisinger
billy.reisinger at gmail.com