[nycphp-talk] Jakarta

Daniel Krook krook at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 30 11:47:59 EST 2005

> Hello.
>
> I need to implement one out of two scenarios to run a mixed Java/php
> (OpenLaszlo) application:
> 1- install a Tomcat Server with php support
> 2- add jakarta support to an apache configuration
>
> Any of you, wise men (and women - hello Susan ;-) ) has had the need
> to as described and care to share the knowledge?
>
> thanks.

Alberto,

Option 2 is certainly your best choice, as Apache is a much more robust
HTTP server than the one built into Tomcat.

It's been a while since I did this and my experience was with Tomcat 4.x,
but the general flow is that you build Apache with PHP as normal, then
hook Apache to Tomcat via a connector (there are/were several
implementations out there).

This out of date walkthrough might at least put you on the track towards
getting the pieces you need in place.  It applies to previous generations
of all the software involved.   If you do get it working, please post your
solution here.
http://krook.net/os/lamp-install.txt

Daniel Krook, Content Tools Developer
Global Production Services - Tools, ibm.com

http://bluepages.redirect.webahead.ibm.com/
http://blogpages.redirect.webahead.ibm.com/
http://bookmarks.redirect.webahead.ibm.com/