[nycphp-talk] system() call timeout

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Wed Oct 12 12:18:28 EDT 2005

Tim Gales wrote:
> Jeffrey O. Stevison wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to set a timeout value for a system("ls -l") call?  If
>>the ls command hangs for at least 5 secs I want to term the call and
>>have some return value that indicates the process has termed.
>

> Did you try ' set_time_limit()' ?

oh I see that:

"Any time spent on activity that happens outside the execution of the
script such as system calls using system(), stream operations, database
queries, etc. is not included when determining the maximum time that the
script has been running."

--nevermind

--
T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com