[nycphp-talk] Decorator Pattern & Code Criticism

Joseph Crawford codebowl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 10:48:05 EDT 2005

Guys,

I have started to create an object oriented approach at form handling with
PHP 5, can i get some constructive criticism on the code if you have time. I
have also attempted to implement the Decorator Pattern.

http://codebowl.dontexist.net/codebowl.zip

currently i have a TextInput, TextValidator that are working, when you add
the widget to the form you say if the item is required or not, if it is then
a * is shown next to the input field, and it's validated upon post, if not
well then there's nothing to validate.

If someone could look this over for me i would appreciate it ;) I think the
code is a bit of a mess as to see if the item is required i have to pass
through about 3 classes.

Thanks,

--
Joseph Crawford Jr.