[nycphp-talk] database performance

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Fri Oct 21 11:36:20 EDT 2005

I have implemented this structure, but have added several fields. For
starters, I keep the id, parent id relationship because it seems handy
at times, and then add a tree level/depth field. This makes updates a
bit more complex, but if you are mainly performing various sorts of
reads, I think it makes things faster and presentation a bit easier.

Cliff Hirsch