[nycphp-talk] HAhahahahahahaha

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Sat Oct 22 15:51:28 EDT 2005

Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> "The simplicity of scripting language PHP means it will be more
> popular than Java for building Web-based applications, Internet
> browser pioneer Marc Andreessen predicted Wednesday in a speech
> here at the Zend/PHP Conference."
>
> Welcome to the nineties, dude!

PHP was nowhere near as popular as Java in the 90s. :-)

Marc said a lot that we already know, but keep in mind that his words
carry a lot of weight in the business community, and they're not as
close to the technology as we are. If this stuff wasn't news to them, it
wouldn't be getting this much attention.

His statement was that more web applications will be built in the next 5
years than exist now. Thus, whatever technology dominates over the next
5 years is going to be firmly in the top spot, and PHP is poised to do
exactly that. That's what I heard.

Chris

--
Chris Shiflett