[nycphp-talk] PEAR Mail and pine "To:" peculiarity

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Sun Oct 23 15:02:54 EDT 2005

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, John Daly wrote:

> Also, I tried it myself and found you can get the formatting you want by
> setting $recipients as follows, leaving out the $headers['To'] again.
>

> $recipients = "John Daly <jdaly at panix.com>";
> $headers['From']    = 'foo at bar.com';
> //$headers['To']      = "John Daly <jdaly at panix.com>";

Exactly what I did. Seems that's the "right" way to do it, and all the
mail readers I worked with ~except~ pine were flexible enough to work with
me doing it "wrong."

One thing I'm not clear on (said he, modulating into another topic) is
whether we are supposed to put double-quotes around "John Daly," to use
your example. It appears that we are.

Thanks again.

---
David Mintz