[nycphp-talk] phpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl3 problem

Rolan Yang rolan at omnistep.com
Mon Oct 24 11:31:16 EDT 2005

It is not necessary to upgrade the mysql client, but you do have to jump
through an extra hoop to get it working.

do an
update user set password=old_password('yourpassword') where
user='user at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx';
to the "mysql" database as the root/admin user.

An alternative way is to add "old_passwords" to your my.cnf file then
restart mysql.

~Rolan