[nycphp-talk] similar open source program?

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Sun Oct 30 16:18:42 EST 2005

Josh McCormack joshmccormack-at-travelersdiary.com |nyphp dev/internal
group use| wrote:

>Anyone know of a photo gallery script that's open source and similar to
>this:
>
>http://www.lightboxphoto.com/gallery_software/features.htm
>
>Particularly the sales related things, like invoicing, tax, shipping,
>download rights, etc.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Josh

Never sure but this smells like spam.... I just turned down a request to
"ninja market" a web service doing this. The client spec was a perfect
fit (although it was a different product):

- locate up to 100 mailing lists of open source programers or hackers
- post an inquiry looking for "anything similar" to our product, and use
the URL provided
- make an "in search of" post looking for anything better than our
product. Use URL below.
- be sure to mention the features marked "A" and optionally those marked "B"
- you may deviate of course from the suggestions but do not mention
items D or E
- save initial post and subsequent posts to same thread, or parallel
threads if datestamped after initial post and discussing our product.
You get credit for them all.

I wish people would understand than SEO is not "spamming" because I seem
to get 10 requests to spam for every request for optimization. With the
latest Google update it seems things will only get worse.

My apologies if Josh was *not* spamming the list... I tried to make this
post demonstrative, because it is so much like list spam.

-=john andrews
http://www.seo-fun.com