[nycphp-talk] freebsd, apache, mod_ssl problems

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Sun Oct 30 18:09:30 EST 2005

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 05:51:22PM -0500, Daniel Convissor wrote:
> Hey Folks:
>
> I've installed FreeBSD on my laptop.  I've compiled Apache with mod_ssl.
> When I go to http://localhost/, we're good.  But when I try to do
> https://localhost/, I get a connection refused error.

Your SSL config might be in an <IfDefine SSL> block...  If so, make sure
you start it with the "-D SSL" options to define that var at startup.
Some apache init scripts have a "start" (w/o -D SSL) and a "startssl"
(w/ -D SSL) if you're using one... I can't say what the FreeBSD default
setup is though.

HTH,
Andrew

--