[nycphp-talk] form element arrays

Dan Cech dcech at phpwerx.net
Mon Oct 31 17:27:53 EST 2005

There are a couple of ways I know of to work around this problem.

1. Set your form up like:

<select name="myselect[]" id="myselect" multiple="multiple">
   <option ...
</select>

The you can access it in javascript via:

document.getElementById('myselect')

2. Use javascript on the onsubmit action of the form to dynamically
rewrite the names of multiple select boxes.

Personally I tend to use 1, and it seems to work ok.

Dan