[nycphp-talk] large file download

Jonathan hendler at simmons.edu
Thu Sep 1 16:49:36 EDT 2005

If I remember you were trying to do some operation using zip files and
fread.
Is apache downloading the files directly, or do you pass the files
through php and push out the http headers from there?
If you are passing the binary data through php you might want to read in
chunks then flush the data to the browser (base 64 encode also) rather
than one long stream.