[nycphp-talk] PHP Form Validation

Peter Sawczynec ps at pswebcode.com
Mon Sep 5 07:46:56 EDT 2005

I knew I'd looked through the "php.ini-recommended" before and I did not
find it thorough, so for the purposes of this discussion I just reviewed it
again and I still find:

open_basedir = "" [is not set],
allow_url_fopen = On,
expose_php = On,
safe_mode = off,
track_errors = Off,

All these settings should be reversed for the default. Open_basedir must be
set.
Like I said, out of the box with all restrictions and let admins turn on
features only as needed.

Apache also has several little canoodles in the conf, e.g.: ServerSignature
On.  Specifying Listen should probably be mandatory.

Peter