[nycphp-talk] to __autoload or not to __autoload?

Greg Rundlett greg.rundlett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 21:38:45 EDT 2005

On 9/5/05, David Mintz <dmintz at davidmintz.org> wrote:

> So I am wondering what people's thoughts are about __autoload() generally.
> Do you? Why or why not?

I don't use it. I want to know specifically what classes I'm loading, and
add comments about why I'm loading them if it's not obvious. Others might
argue that it makes life easier, but it doesn't make life easy for
users/developers who use your code, and searching for what library defines
some class. If somebody insists that it's a language feature, and makes use
of that feature for convenience, then I hope that they also consider
documentation a feature, and make use of that convenience too. ;-)