[nycphp-talk] PDF mailing labels in PHP 5 (will have to wait...)

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Sun Sep 11 15:07:57 EDT 2005

Thanks to all for the feedback. I think I will try Dan Cech's suggestion.
Note to Tim G., yes the fonts are in the right location.

More urgently, I have a couple of contact.php type scripts of my own to
harden up because I am getting hit by this latest nuisance -- lucky for me
there is this list where I didn't even have to ask to find some answers.
So thanks to people on that thread, too. Damn that vicious little bot.

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Dan Cech wrote:

> I have used the pdf class extensively under php4, but not php5.
>
> I'd definitely spend a little time trying to figure out exactly what is
> going wrong in php5, as it seems this wonderful class is receiving very
> little of the love it deserves at present.
>
> To get some idea of why the output may be munged, you could try using
> this debugging code:
>
> // debugging
> $pdf->ezText("\n\n".$pdf->messages,10,array('justification'=>'left'));
> $pdfcode = $pdf->output(1);
> $pdfcode = str_replace("\n","<br />\n",htmlspecialchars($pdfcode));
> echo '<html><body>';
> echo trim($pdfcode);
> echo '</body></html>';
> exit();