[nycphp-talk] Zend Certification

Anthony Papillion papillion at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 21:31:40 EDT 2005

Hello Everyone,

I'm sure this has already been discussed on the list before but I was
wanting some updated perspective about Zend Certification.

I'm a serious, professional PHP developer who's competing for jobs
with people who "picked up scripting and have done a few sites in
their spare time". I'm wanting to find something that can immediately
differentiate myself and my skill set from those people without the
client or employer having to setup an interview and review sample
code, etc. I think a Zend cert might help do that.

My question is this: how seriously is the certification taken by
employers and clients? Does it really set a developer apart or is it
like the old MCSE cert was a few years ago?

Thanks!
--
Anthony Papillion
Phone: (918) 926-0139