[nycphp-talk] PHP / Word 2003 COM

Joseph Crawford codebowl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 08:59:57 EDT 2005

Hello Everyone,

I had been trying to figure out a way to use MySQL with Word 2003 as my data
source for my mail merge. I FINALLY figured out how to do this but in the
meantime i stumbled accross an article that showed how to use Word's COM
object to automate the mail merge from within an intranet. I thought this
may be usefull to others out there so i thought i would pass it to the list.
Also though i have been trying to find the docs for the COM object so that i
can figure out what format the header/data source are supposed to be in so
that i can make use of this information.

I have been to google and MSDN and spent about an hour on each trying to
find these docs, do they not exist lol. Anyone that can point me in the
proper direction?

MySQL Mail Merge
http://torque.oncloud8.com/archives/000160.html

PHP & Word Com Integration