[nycphp-talk] [Re: Code cleanliness vs. code popularity]

Matthew Terenzio matt at jobsforge.com
Sun Sep 18 10:28:22 EDT 2005

On Sep 18, 2005, at 8:27 AM, Anirudh Zala wrote:

> So if
> you start coding your software entirely using OO techniques, you might
> have problems in future when some requirements differ in significant
> way
> as you can not change frameworks or code easily which  is OO based.

Funny, because I tend to think the opposite.
If you know exactly what you want and it won't change, write a bunch of
scripts.

If things might change down the line, encapsulate it. Then you can
modify things without breaking it.

That said,  it's certainly possible to make large, flexible
applications using procedural programming techniques, but thinking
about the issues which OO was made to solve.