[nycphp-talk] php encoders

Dan Cech dcech at phpwerx.net
Wed Apr 5 08:30:50 EDT 2006

Keith Richardson wrote:
> Has anyone here dealt with php encoders? I am looking into using one, and
> wanted to go with the best, most affordable one that works without having to
> install anything on the system level for customers to use the software.
>
> Any thoughts/experience?

I use ionCube (http://www.ioncube.com/) at work and it works very well.

It's trivial to bundle the loader with your software, so that the user
doesn't have to install anything to run the encoded files.

One caveat is that if the user has an older version of the loader
already installed on their system it will need to be upgraded or removed
 before the files encoded with the newer encoder will work.

Dan