[nycphp-talk] Whats a Competitive Salary for PHP Dev

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Fri Apr 14 12:29:32 EDT 2006

>i saw this too and it's pathetic that they would offer those peanuts.

Not only that, but I've seen numerous times on guru.com where
potential employers have a long list of requirements, but won't pay
over $10 per hour.

Over the last 60+ guru.com prospects I've submitted (where I took the
time and personally addressed the clients needs in the proposal) I've
had three reply: One, I spent another couple of hours of my time
trying to convince him that the problem actually had a solution; One,
I sent several emails asking about funding his grandiose idea, but no
support of funding was forthcoming; And the last, I had an interview
for $50 per hour where, after driving an hour (which is not easy for
me), no one even attended the interview -- and this was not a small
company.

Outside of guru.com, which has only cost me money, I don't even want
to address the problems I've encountered in trying to find work. In
short, I've had terrible luck in finding work.

However, programming is what I like, and like the starving artist,
I'll continue practicing my craft and perhaps after I'm dead, it will
be worth something. :-)

tedd