[nycphp-talk] PHP MySQL File Upload Help

Brian O'Connor gatzby3jr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 20:50:11 EDT 2006

While we're on this topic, I was wondering if some people could enlighten me
on some good practices (if any at all really) for allowing users to upload
files via a php page.

Currently, I am using the ftp approach to upload certain files to my site,
but I'm not really sure if that's the safest / most effective way.  I had
been using move_uploaded_file() before, but that didn't seem to work for me
on some hosts (I'm on a shared host, and I probably will be for quite some
time).

Thanks.

PS, I don't mean to change the topic from Nick's but I've been wondering
about this for some time, and this seemed like a good place to ask the
question.

--
Brian O'Connor