[nycphp-talk] CakePHP: what do you think?

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 15:25:51 EDT 2006

On 8/2/06, Kenneth Downs <ken at secdat.com> wrote:

> This resembles the situation of another dev system that was popular
> about 10 years ago, when LAN and C/S were still king.  There were many
> frameworks.  Eventually it settled down to about 4, each of which
> exemplified a certain approach.
>
> People tended to pick the framework based on which framework fit their
> approach to things.

Or the situation 5 years ago when you had to choose between 50
different Content Management Systems.

Also now, you get to make TWO choices: which PHP framework, coupled
with which AJAX framework? At least thanks to PDO you don't have to
choose which database to use any more... oh wait, you still do.

I guess being a developer has always been about making these kinds of
choices. And don't forget the hacker's way: the mere fact that all of
these frameworks exist means that it must be pretty easy to create
your own...

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/