[nycphp-talk] Web Statistics for PHP

Fri Aug 4 14:49:07 EDT 2006

On 8/4/06, csnyder <chsnyder at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anybody have any theories (besides, 'the language is just that good')?

Personally, I'd like to see a breakdown of these sites by application.
 I would suspect that a handful of apps (eg phpBB, Drupal, *Nukes,
Mambo, Joomla and ZenCart/osCommerce) are a huge portion of these
sites.  Regardless of what you think of them, they are all easy to
deploy, have pretty active communities, can be themed to varying
degrees and all have dozens if not hundreds of models and extensions
available.

Prior to many of these, getting a shopping cart, forum or CMS online
was a pain and in the past 3 (4-5?) years these made it just plain
simple.

kc

--
D. Keith Casey Jr.