[nycphp-talk] heredoc string formatting question

Donald J Organ IV dorgan at optonline.net
Thu Aug 10 17:29:24 EDT 2006

Why not have templates such as files that have all this stuff in it such as:

Hi %%name%%. Welcome message

%%body%%

This could be the footer

You would have that in a file then use file_get_contents() to put it all
into one big string then you could use say

str_replace( '%%name%%', $name, $contents );
str_replace( '%%body%%', $name, $contents );

you could even use an html file as your template. I do this all that time.