[nycphp-talk] OT: SEO: different hosts?

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Fri Aug 11 16:40:09 EDT 2006

Michael Southwell michael.southwell-at-nyphp.org |nyphp dev/internal
group use| wrote:

>I have a client with a Mets blog; he is getting ready to start a Jets
>blog.  Somebody told him it is better for SEO to host the two blogs
>on different hosts from each other.  This doesn't make much sense to
>me, but what do I know?

It should not make any difference as they are different subjects with
different audiences, and he is not breaking any rules or guidelines are
any such nonsense.

I would be careful about the IP assigned by the host, the past history
of that IP, and other websites on it if it is a shared hosting environment.

The SEO advice out there is frigtheningly inaccurate, at best.

That's funny. I suppose you'll have to ask webmaster-help at google.com
(don't bother... it bounces :-)