[nycphp-talk] Shared host db credentials solution

Aaron Fischer agfische at email.smith.edu
Tue Aug 15 12:59:40 EDT 2006

> Aaron Fischer wrote:
>
>>You don't have your own VirtualHost area.
>
> Can you explain this or give us an example URL?
>
> Chris

They were referring to the Virtual Host area in response to me saying
that the Include /path/to/db.conf should be there.  That is when they
suggested the alternative of putting it in my <Directory> or using
htaccess.

A number of our departments are under the same domain and server and it
sounds like Apache is not running any Virtual Hosts, at least not for my
department.

So, the base URL is:
http://www.smith.edu/

My department is:
http://www.smith.edu/admission/
Everything within the admission directory is mine.

Another department sharing the server is at:
http://www.smith.edu/hr/

Hopefully that's helpful info.  As I may have mentioned, my Apache
knowledge is almost nonexistent (which will change!).

-Aaron