[nycphp-talk] General Q; Programming Jobs & Expectations

edward potter edwardpotter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 10:20:49 EDT 2006

Freelance is brutal!  (slightly off-topic)

Projects will ALWAYS take 10X longer then you think, the clients will
NOT pay you for all those extras hours unless you grovel.  Checks may
never appear. Health Insurance is astronomical on your own. And you'll
miss all those cool people you'll meet in the office setting _along
with the stability of a weekly check.

Why am I still a freelancer?

Looks sunny today, I think I'll take a bike ride, catch a movie, a
frosty brew and maybe a game of chess in the park.  I can hit the code
at 5 or 6 PM and work till 2 AM.

Life is kinda of short, isn't it? ENJOY it while you got it!

:-)  ed