[nycphp-talk] General Q; Programming Jobs & Expectations

Ben Sgro bens at oddcast.com
Mon Aug 21 14:07:13 EDT 2006

Morning all,

Lots of great emails to read this morning when I got in. Thanks for all your
thoughts!

So many good points in this last one, I'm sure where to start.

1) If I had known it was so unorganized I would not have taken the job. Next
time I will ask to see source samples and speak more with the project
managers I'll be working with.

2) I am currently working on a spec, speaking with other developers and a
proposal. Along with documenting my time and issues. I hope to make change
for the better of "the company" = ]

3) I try to clean-up code as I see it, but its exhausting.

As stated, I will suck it up for the time being, but believe I am looking
for a new job soon. </rant>

Again, many great points. I saved the previous emails and will be referring
to them for advice in the future!

- Ben