[nycphp-talk] BC Date Recording

jessica kelly jkelly at sussex.edu
Thu Dec 7 11:59:11 EST 2006

Ted here is a site that has a brief mention of the two calendars.
http://www.kencollins.com/calendar.htm

As you may/may not know the system was changes somewhere in the ?1600's?
or so. One October lost several days when the change over occured from
Julian to Georgian so you need to take that into condideration so
research well!

Jessica Kelly

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 11:06:27AM -0500, Phil Duffy wrote:
>  I understand that MySQL does not have the ability to store B.C.
dates, but
>  that PostgreSQL does.

Considering the history of calendars, I wonder how they did that?

It's one thing to estimate that 2000 years ago was 0006 -- but, it's
a completely different thing to claim that 2000 years ago today was
December 7, 0006.

Cheers,

tedd
--