[nycphp-talk] Newbie seeks PHP installation help / suggestions

Bob Paul Bob at madison-atlantic.com
Sat Dec 9 17:33:58 EST 2006

There are really good ideas here, both to patch the config files, and to
start from scratch with a preconfig such as XAMPP.  Thank you.

I'm very much inclined to go the preconfig route at this point, but would
appreciate your thoughts about the PHP version.  The web sites I support are
PHP 4.4.1 & 4.4.2 on Linux.  I was hoping to use my Win/XP to test my
scripts locally before moving them to the live sites.

Any thoughts on compatibility issues if I develop in v5 for deployment on
v4.4?