[nycphp-talk] New IT Courses at Nassau CC

Mon Dec 11 08:45:58 EST 2006

On 12/10/06, Christopher R. Merlo <cmerlo at ncc.edu> wrote:
> We are developing two new web programming courses at NCC, and we need some
> statements from people in management and leadership positions in IT to
> support the need for these courses, which will teach HTML, JavaScript, CSS,
> PHP, JSP, and RDBMS interaction with MySQL.  If you feel you can help,
> please e-mail me, and I'll send you the proposed course outlines.

Personally, I'd like to see new developers have a sense of version
control, what it's used for, what it's not good for, etc.  I've seen a
stunning number of developers - new and old - who don't have clue or
have the slightest motivation to use any of them...  and this is a
problem I've seen in the PHP, Java, and asp worlds.

kc

--
D. Keith Casey Jr.
CEO, CaseySoftware, LLC