[nycphp-talk] Zend IDE problems and the Apple MACs as develoment platforms

Khalid Hanif phplists at jellyandcustard.com
Wed Dec 13 11:08:06 EST 2006

Hi Cliff,

I have been using Zend IDE for a few years now on OS X on a
powerbook, and more recently, a Mac Pro and a Macbook Pro. On the Mac
Pro, the IDE is lightning fast (as one would expect). On the 2ghz
Intel Core Duo Macbook Pro, the IDE is a delight to work with, and no
noticeable problems. I have 1gb Ram, and usually have Mail, Firefox,
iTunes, Transmit (FTP), Adium (MSN Chat) and a few other small
programs running alongside it. Zend is also saving/opening files over
an NFS mount on a local network.

Java support on the Apple Mac is a lot better / faster in my
experience over windows.

Rgds,
Khalid