[nycphp-talk] Zend IDE problems and the Apple MACs as develoment platforms

Mark Withington mwithington at PLMresearch.com
Wed Dec 13 11:10:18 EST 2006

Cliff, I'm about 3 weeks ahead of you.  The MacBook Pro is great!  Run it
with Parallels and you can develop in both Windoz and OSX  (nice for browser
output comparison).  OSX comes with PHP 4.x so you'll have to upgrade if you
want 5.x - mysql needs to be installed.  OSX also comes with Apache 1.x.
I'm in the process of installing Zend (appears to work w/out a problem).

Note:  OSX is a gui friendly version of FreeBSD.  The upside is it's Unix,
the downside is there a learning curve if you're not a Unix guy.

In general - jump in, the water is great!

On 12/13/06, Cliff Hirsch <cliff at pinestream.com> wrote:

>  After this flurry of ZEND IDE problems, my laptop's 10 minute battery
> life, 256M of RAM, overheating, etc., I'm thinking it's finally time to get
> a new laptop. And I'm thinking of bailing Windows to get a Macbook pro or
> just a regular macbook.
>

> Is anyone using Zend on an Intel-based Macbook? Any problems? Good development
> environment? Any comments regarding the Macbook vs Mackbook pro?
>

> Chanukah is only two days away…
>

> Cliff

> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
> http://www.nyphpcon.com