[nycphp-talk] Zend IDE problems and the Apple MACs as develomentplatforms

Tim McEwen tim at tmcode.com
Wed Dec 13 13:27:48 EST 2006

With the latest Parallels you can actually  use the same partition/
windows install for Bootcamp and Parallels. That way you can stay in
osx most of the time and only reboot into Bootcamp if you need better
hardware support (games?)

Personally,  I have parallels open all the time (testing soap
compatibility between .Net and PHP)  and rarely reboot into
bootcamp.   Visual studio runs great and everything feels snappy in
windows.

If you are going to use several os x apps (specially ZDE, mail and
firefox)  at the same times at parallels you really need 2 gigs of ram.

-Tim